A bit about me....
I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I discovered later in life that I would like to "empower the knowledge of students". I have always been interested in education and how children learn. My son, niece and nephew can tell you that I am passionate about not only getting school work done, but getting them to actually understand and comprehend the materials. My goal is to obtain a position as an elementary teacher and make learning FUN!!

As an elementary teacher I plan to use many methods in order to motivate students. In my classroom I plan to use the following educational tools: blogs, AVL, head fakes, podcasts and success. These tools should enable me to provide students with the tools they need to reach educational acheivement.

Happy Learning!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why Blog

You may be thinking, why should I blog and why are blogs used in education. A blog is a useful educational tool. Blogs can be used to update students on homework assignments and inform parents of up coming events. Teachers can also post information about special activities and projects in the classroom to inform parents. Blogs also allow students and parents to comment on assignments, activities and projects that are posted to the blog. It a great communication tool!

No comments: